Work Ordered Day
Members and Staff
Mental Illness Information
Important Phone Numbers
Point After Club's Director
Unit Leader of Campbell Center
Unit Leader of Food Service
Food Service Coordinator
What is the Point After Club?
Established in Lawrence in 1980, the Point After Club is a local community rehabilitation center that offers people who have a mental illness hope and opportunities to achieve their full human potential.
Following the International Standard of the clubhouse model, members and staff work in partnership to operate the clubhouse and develop opportunities for our members in employment, housing, education, wellness and social activities
- The Point After Club guaranties the following four rights of membership:
The Point After Club emphasizes personhood-not patient hood; wellness-not illness.
- The right to a place to belong.
- The right to meaningful work.
- The right to meaningful relationship.
- The right to a place to return.
The Point After Club believes that work is central to the rehabilitation process and that having a mental illness does not mean that an individual is unable to work.
Through its daily programming, the Point After Club provides work training and job support to help its members enter or re-enter competitive employment.
"Point After Club" refers to a point after hospitalization-the point at which recover and rehabilitation begin.
What Does the Point After Club Offer Its members?
We offer our members opportunities for both enrichment and personal development in the following areas:
Transitional, Supported, Independent Employment
Resume and Interview Workshops
Educational & Wellness:
Connection to Education Resources
Dual Recovery Anonymous
YMCA Universal Passes
Club Housing Units
Evening, Weekend and Holiday Social Activities
In the past year:
- 94 club members were employed in local businesses and worked a total of 44,485 hours.
- These workers earned a combined total of $362,552.
How To Join
- Membership is open to adults who live in the local area who have a primary diagnosis and documented history of psychiatric illness.
- Call 978-681-7753 to schedule a tour of the clubhouse and to meet with the Program Director.
- There are no service fees for members. Members pay a nominal amount for meals and trips.
"Not only did the club help me return to competitive employment. They helped me achieve a personal goal of getting my first apartment on my own." James Jewell
"My job at Hickory Hill Golf Course is fantastic! Going back to work has changed me in many ways. It has also encouraged me to do other things." Steve J.
"Knowing that I'm not alone has helped me overcome my fears. I'm grateful that the club accepts me for who I am." Vinnie DeMarco
"The Point After Club has been my stepping stone on my way to independence." Steve Kanan
"The Point After Club can walk you to your dreams and help you succeed." Jessica M.
Home | Rose's Page | Work Ordered Day | Employment | Education | Calendar | Fundraising | Donations
| Rose Race | Members and Staff | Directions | Important Link |
Mental Illness Information | Club Hours |
Rooming Houses | Annual Picnic | | Housing
| Referal Form |
Web site created by Carol L'Italien